Friday, June 4, 2010

Song of the Winter Wren

It's already June. When I started this blog I hoped to write once a month...maybe capture some deep thoughts of meditation...I have many of them. Those of you who know me know this is true. The songs that God has given me come from a place of seeking Him in those deep moments. Sometimes they can get me into trouble. Especially through transitions in my life, but also when it's raining a downpour outside for days on end like it has been this week. I can linger a little too much and stay too long on a thought or concern and find myself in a funk. I bet many of you reading this can totally relate. This is when I focus to apply Phil 4:4-8. How I am so thankful for God's Word. His life and truth. His truth and life. It is gentleness I long for and seek in these times. A gentleness of heart and mind. And He never fails me. Sometimes He asks that I wait...and then He speaks.

I have learned to love the song of the Winter Wren. The first time I heard it's song I was walking a path on the Barlow Trail with my husband and we were dreaming of moving to the mountian where we now live. It's beautiful song left me standing still... my eyes watching in hopes to see a glimpse of the incredible bird that had sung such a song...a tiny little red-brown bird. As I continued to walk, I also recognized the still small voice of God that whisphered, "I will give you a song in the winter...". He has. More than a few times I have heard the Winter Wren's trill again while walking along a river bank and I am reminded of His voice that day. A voice of His faithful care of the things of my heart. His words hold me still.

How thankful I am of the loved ones in my life and the constistancy of their love for me. Thank you God for friendship. For their encourgement in my life. Often their voice to my ears is that of the Winter Wren. Encouragement. Beauty. Joy. Delight. May my life encourage others as I have been encouraged. Jesus, together may we know and experience Your deep love and care for us.

You Sing Over Me
You sing over me a sweet melody
Every moment every day, You are near
You dance over me
Though my eyes they cannot see
Like the wind upon the trees Your breath brings life
Your song of love
Your song of peace
Your song of rest, that makes my heart release
To take Your hand and find Your gentle eyes
And know I'm safe
Within Your arms of grace
As Your child I'm in Your care
Though I'm mostly unaware
Of Your song as it swirls around me constantly
My life and all my ways
In Your palm You hold my days
I am safe for You sing over me
Your song of love
Your song of peace
Your song of rest, that makes my heart release
To take Your hand and find Your gentle eyes
And know I'm safe
Within Your arms of grace
Karen Lais
April 26, 2010

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Just reading the words to song your beautiful song brought tears to my eyes this morning! Thank you for sharing the gift of music that He has blessed you with!